I just had myself a good cry reading about Africa. I wonder if the Horn of Africa is God's shofar to call out to the world to save those dying of starvation. We can give up one trip to a drive-thru restaurant and save someone dying of hunger.
Here's the facts:
- 12.4 million are affected in the region
- More than 35% of all children in the region are now facing emergency levels of malnutrition
- Starvation is a real threat in famine-declared areas of Somalia
- Some 30,000 children have already lost their lives
- Worst drought in 60 years
- World Vision has assisted communities in the Horn of Africa for 3 decades. Even now, our teams in Kenya, Ethiopia and Somalia are responding to this crisis with food, water, blankets and other critical needs for families.
Hunger is stalking 12.4 million across the Horn of Africa, with 35% of all children in the region now facing emergency levels of malnutrition. And starvation is a real threat for children in famine-declared areas of Somalia. As we work together &; blog to tolerate #faminenomore, would you LINK UP to our post and blog about the ONE THING you typically spend $10 on that you could give up this week and use the money you save to help those in the crisis in the Horn of Africa? Instead of spending money on that one thing, text in your $10 donation to "FAMINE" to "20222" and join World Vision in fighting hunger in the Horn of Africa.
I was reading about this a few weeks ago. It's very sobering, isn't it? It makes our complaints of no rain and our "drought" seem ridiculous - especially as I sit in my air conditioned living room with the dishwasher running in the kitchen.
Thank you for sharing, and encouraging others to help.
Post a Comment