Tuesday, November 25, 2008
It Belongs To God
Sunday, November 23, 2008
Water into Wine
Tagged by Kyna
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Thursday, November 13, 2008
He Gives and Takes Away
and naked I will depart.
The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away;
may the name of the LORD be praised."
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
A Student Becomes Like the Teacher
Wednesday, November 05, 2008
A Little Something Happy
2 Timothy 4
"Preach the Word"
2 preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort, with great patience and instruction.
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires,
4 and will turn away their ears from the truth and will turn aside to myths.
Monday, November 03, 2008
Pray for America
How to Pray for America
• Pray that God will turn people’s hearts toward Himself, and that He will be glorified in the outcome of the upcoming general election.
• Pray that God’s people will demonstrate a spirit of repentance and prayer--individually and corporately. (2 Chron. 7:14)
• Pray that God will raise up righteous leaders who will model integrity and authenticity. (Eph. 4:1-2; Prov. 14:34)
• Pray that Americans will see their spiritual poverty; that our nation’s citizens will awaken to their great spiritual need. (Joel 3:12)
• Pray that godly men and women will be placed in positions of authority so that God’s people can rejoice. (Prov. 29:2)
• Pray that leaders we elect will be just, fear God rather than men, and depart from evil. (2 Sam. 23:3; Prov. 1:7; 14:26; 16:6)
• Pray that citizens will seek wise leaders who listen to biblical counsel. (Prov. 1:3-5)
• Pray that citizens will vote with wisdom and discretion. (Prov. 3:21b)
• Pray that people will be able to see truth (Ps. 86:11), that error will be exposed, and that people with wicked agendas will be made weak. (Prov. 25:5)
• Pray that Christians will speak the truth, but in love, concerning those running for office. (Eph. 4:15)
• Pray that Christians will avoid negativity, fault-finding, and contentiousness, but instead, will stand out as God’s loving, pure children. (Phil. 2:14-15)
• Pray for truth in the media. (Prov. 12:22) • Pray that Christians will put their confidence in God, rather than any political candidate. (Ps. 118:8-9)
• Pray that Christians will look to God to overcome the enemies of truth and righteousness. (Ps. 60:11-12)
• Pray that those who love righteousness and truth will fulfill their responsibility to vote. (Matt. 22:21)
• Pray that God will work through leaders to keep the doors open for His Gospel to be proclaimed. (Col. 4:3a)
• Pray for God’s will to be accomplished in the elections. (Ps. 33:11; 103:19; 115:3)
“I believe if our people across this nation will get on their knees and repent, not only of their own sin but the sins of the nation, and cry out to God for His mercy on this upcoming election, that He will hear our prayers and answer them.” Shirley Dobson
Miscarriage | Infertility | Hope
I encountered Jesus as a young child in a church pew in the balcony of an old country church. Through a lifetime of trial, I knew he was the...
I saw this thing on HGTV once. People would look at these mega-money "inspiration rooms" and try to copy them on a thin budget. I ...
A recent edition of Waco Today featured David Crowder's six year renovation project(we had to go check it out). I said a quiet prayer ...