I have been completely undone remembering the death and resurrection this year. The grief of the loss impacted me in a new and powerful way. I was overcome with despair at the thought of losing Christ. That mourning propelled my spirit into this grateful place of health and delight in Christ come Easter morning. Christ is risen in my heart. That freedom, that rising has made me want to sit and bask in the beauty and radiance of my Lord. I am sincerely in awe of what He has come and done in my heart.
God allows us to love others like that. We can move forward in such grace and without reacting to petty concerns. We can reveal Christ to everyone around us in the simple, every day actions. We can be hospitable with our very lives, welcoming others with a warmth unparalleled. Christ wants to use our physical bodies to meet the spiritual concerns of others. If we only concern ourselves with others first.
Let me show others your mercy, Abba.
- At CalvaryYears I spent in vanity and pride,Caring not my Lord was crucified,Knowing not it was for me He diedOn Calvary.
- Refrain:Mercy there was great, and grace was free;Pardon there was multiplied to me;There my burdened soul found libertyAt Calvary.
- By God’s Word at last my sin I learned;Then I trembled at the law I’d spurned,Till my guilty soul imploring turnedTo Calvary.
- Now I’ve giv’n to Jesus everything,Now I gladly own Him as my King,Now my raptured soul can only singOf Calvary!
- Oh, the love that drew salvation’s plan!Oh, the grace that brought it down to man!Oh, the mighty gulf that God did spanAt Calvary!
William R. Newell
Post a Comment